Sunday, February 7, 2010

An Ode to Love

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

God talks to me during the most unusual times and I’ve always liked that, but this time it wasn’t very unusual, but it’s alright.

6:11pm
January 31, 2010
St. Therese of the Child Jesus Parish


Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.


I always wanted to get to know what love really means, you know. Because then I could have a fairly accurate answer every time people ask me if I have ever been in love. You know, like love love. I could check all the dictionaries in our house or even in the library, but I know that I would never ever really have a full grasp of what love is. Putting things into context, I’m not really talking about that different kind of love, about God’s love, because that is perfect and we have our bibles to give us good definitions on that. What I’m writing here is more about human romantic lovie-dovie stuff, so let the mushiness begin.

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

Love. Ugh. It’s something that is perennially elusive to me, just like sleep and closures. Anyways, I was sitting with my family hearing mass on that last day of January and we were approximately 12 meters from the altar when I had this sudden thought.

I did it painstakingly in my head and I’ve come to a conclusion, so I dare say that I have, at the very least, an inkling of what love is… scratch that, of how love feels. You can quote me on this one.

Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love. Love.

“It just comes one morning, at that very moment when you find yourself entranced on that someone’s face and the whole world seems to not matter and things just seem to slow down and doubts, worries, and questions suddenly just didn’t have a place in your consciousness anymore, time stops, and you comprehend that the only thing you are aware of, aside from that face you’ve considered to be the same one you would like to see when you open your eyes every morning for the rest of your life, is your heart—that after everything, it finally knows why it was beating all this time.”

I guess when you finally here me say these words, it would be safe to assume that I'm in love.

But until then... go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment